so, I have a few things to say to you, it's a shame I can't say them to your face since well, you blocked me. First
thing is first. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings and insulting your flip-note animations. I am very grateful for the work you did do for me and all the art you gave me is saved on to my mac, my ipod and my mum's computer so I can see it whenever I feel like it. I treasure all art that is given to me, no matter the quality.
I was wrong to say those things and I'm sorry. I'm actually taking down the blog with that stuff on it. Second
thing, this might seem a little mean but hear me out. you have to admit you also acted immature over the situation. I mean, blocking me and then writing a big journal about it without even trying to talk to me or anyone for that matter through notes was quite childish on your part. I would've been happy to have taken back what I said, deleted everything and said sorry and discussed things with you maturely. Thirdly
, I'm going to be an art critic here, this may hurt but I've sugar coated it best as I can, I'm not about to say this to be mean, but to help you improve on your art.
do you know the currency difference between a US dollar and a British pound? One British pound can buy almost two WHOLE US dollars, meaning your commission prices are far too high. your highest price is a full digital piece for either 50 US dollars or 50 British pounds, that's like asking for $100. for that money you could almost buy a full illustrated piece from Shadow-Wolf
who is a professional illustrator and she lives off the money she gets from commissions.
Plus your all round prices are too high for what you're offering. Here's what you can do to make your art worth that much money. (this is where it'll look like I'm getting mean when I'm really trying to help improve your art):
1. For one your anatomy is very incorrect. Boobs and butts are not just circles, breasts are more like sandbags as far as gravity goes. you don't get close to the shape you draw unless they're wearing a bra and even then boobs look nothing like circles.
2. Your poses look stiff and lifeless. liven them up with perspective and foreshortening, this will really make the whole image pop.
3. Your shading is all over the place, you have no solid light source and there is little to no shadows in your work. make sure you decide where the main light source is before you start shading and avoid inking where you're going to put the highlights, it makes the figure appear plastic and fake.
4. Your colouring looks lazy. look at all the white spots. it's like you just don't care. also maybe use slightly less saturated colours on some of your digital art pieces? Those bright (neon) colours are blinding at times, but if you simply must use bright (neon) colours, do so sparingly and in small amounts. it's much more appealing and easier to look at.
5. Your lineart is messy. you should look into maybe buying a tablet. Maybe use the pen/vector tool for cleaner more high quality lines. you'd be better off sketching in traditional and then going completely digital in the lineart stage.
6. It looks like you have no idea what layers are. learn how to use them, they're a digital artists best friend.
7. get better markers and try to colour more carefully traditionally. it looks really messy and yuck if you do otherwise.
8. Don't be afraid to use references and tutorials. they'll help you improve.
9. Take constructive criticism (like this) where you can. it will help you improve and now that you have that Premium membership you can request critique.
This isn't a personal attack on you or your art, it's to help you improve, make you a better artist and make you more popular.
This is why you critique peoples art, so the quality goes up and more people will want to buy and so you can charge more for it. this is why people were asking you for advice over what you normally comment. Fourth
, I do care about you and there has never been a time that I've hated you or gone out of my way to offend you or hurt your feelings. I'm not that kind of person. So lets stop making hate and make art instead. Fifth
, there was never a moment I wasn't going to draw your prize. I had many other people waiting for art from me from last year and prizes were one of my last priorities when I had over due commissions and art trades waiting to be done. I'm still willing to do your prize if you decide to put differences aside and make peace.TL;DR?
I'm sorry. What I did was wrong.
We were both immature.
I've never hated you or gone out of my way to hurt you.
I'm still willing to do your prize if you oblige and make peace with me.
That is all <3
PS.will somebody please link this to him so he may see it